Paper Bag Hanging Stars Tutorial
I created hanging stars made out of paper bags to add a festive touch to the Rustic Star Spangled Banner Inspired table (seen HERE). The stars are very simple to make and the materials are inexpensive! Here are the simple steps for making your own:
1. You will need 5 gusseted paper bags, double-sided tape, string, scissors and a hole punch
2. Cut off the ends of all of the paper bags.
3. Stack all 5 paper bags and cut the other ends into a point.
4. Place two pieces of double sided tape on either side of each paper bag, near the ends.
5. Stack all 5 paper bags together and punch a hole in the bottom, middle. Tie the bags together with string, not too tightly.
6. Join the two ends together to make your star.
You could also use 6 paper bags and cut the ends in a rounded shape to make a flower.
I used white paper bags to make this hanging paper bag flower. Party shops carry an array of colorful bags, so don’t feel limited to just white or tan! Since these stars/flowers are so easy and inexpensive, I can't wait to try incorporating a bunch of them in a party. Using 10 to 20 stars over one table would be stunning! If you try making your own stars/flowers, send me some pictures. I would love to see how you use them at your next party!